Saturday, September 27, 2008

What are we drinking

I was given a Red Bull my a rep who dropped my my work today.  I said thanks BSed a bit and went back to work. About 15 min later I cracked the can and drank a few sips. Then I thought about the whole case of FREE wired that we stock in the store. All of the different flavors etc. Then I looked inside my can it is a beerish color like most things in the class of energy drinks. But I then thought of all the things that I drink and how I just trust the bottling company to put the right thing in the bottle. 

I then stared to think about the different bottles that things come in. Wine in tinted bottles to keep the UV out. Hard Alcohol usually in clear glass or tinted glass. BUT we drink both out of a clear glass. 

At what point did we stop caring to see what we were drinking? Would it be odd to put water in cans? what about a  clear beer bottle? Would Red Bull be as appealing if you saw that it looked like urine as you drank it? Probably not. 

It seems that somethings we want to see and some we do not. I guess the truth is scary. 

No comments: