Monday, October 20, 2008

Final Cut and DVD studio help

So I didn't post this earlier because I was busy studying for a mid term and I still have one left. That said if you have any questions regarding the software you can ask me as well as Joe. I'll try to put together a video tutorial or link you to one. 

There is a lot of tutorials on youtube. If you search say FCP (final cut pro) creating text you will get answers. Some are good, some are bad but there is usually a good one for this kind of basic stuff. 

You will discover the text tool in FCP is very weak if you want to make your words dance or something.  For that you want to play around with livetype or motion both have a learning curve. But live type is fairly simple. 

Here is an example of using live type





Here is something I did using illustrator as a text generator in Final Cut


two-step from Hey Marseilles on Vimeo.


The power is using illustrator is that you can then change the text files using the power of illustrator or photoshop and have them automatically update...

Any way that is getting fairly techie but if anyone is interested let me know....
e-mail is best
willjk@u.washington.edu

pray for snow

Willko

No comments: